Re: parallel hint

  • From: Greg Rahn <greg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: girlgeek@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2010 10:18:22 -0800

The "default" DOP is cpu_count * parallel_threads_per_cpu, however if
the execution plan has both producer/consumer slave sets, it will use
2 * DOP parallel execution servers.

For example, with cpu_count=12 and parallel_threads_per_cpu=2, the
default DOP would be 12 * 2 = 24, however the query could use 48
parallel execution servers depending on the execution plan.

--
Regards,
Greg Rahn