Re: parallel degree question

  • From: David Fitzjarrell <oratune@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "valpis@xxxxxxxxx" <valpis@xxxxxxxxx>, Oracle Discussion List <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 12:06:31 -0700 (PDT)

It looks like you're using Auto DOP and Parallel Statement Queuing; have you
run an I/O calibration?

If the streams 'doesn 't always run' is it being put in the parallel statement
queue?  Query V$SQL_MONITOR for a status of QUEUED to see which statements are
still in the queue and look at the sql_exec_id to see where they are in that
queue.

If that doesn't help possibly a bit more information on these streams might be
in order.
David Fitzjarrell