Re: ot: choice of postgress product and certification in postgress for oracle dbas

  • From: Ray Stell <stellr@xxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2016 10:11:58 -0400

On 3/21/16 9:43 AM, Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco wrote:

I'll appreciate any advice if you got certified too :)
Thank you.
I did this a few years ago and at that time they did focus on the community, open source code which is well documented here:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/

I had not purchased any of EDB products at the time. I got a support contract with them for awhile because I was nervous going in, but later decided the community code was very solid and the community supports their code in a crazy-good way. I've had patches sent to me on the day of reporting a problem.

Their mailing lists are extensive and quite busy:
http://www.postgresql.org/list/

The other path you might consider is some NoSQL thread. Which one to vote for is a mystery. I studied mongodb and they have a very powerful training environment, but it's not relational technology, so it depends on your needs.