Re: os authenticated accounts

  • From: "Mark Brinsmead" <pythianbrinsmead@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Roman Podshivalov" <roman.podshivalov@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 18:04:00 -0500

Definitely!

Oracle Support is a *very* unreliable source for licensing answers.  (In
fact, they may have been among those who told me this feature *does* require
separate licenses.)  Usually, they refrain from commenting on the subject.

I suspect the answer is buried in the Oracle 10g Licensing Manual;  in all
likelihood, I resorted to that myself when I last looked into this question,
but I honestly don't remember.

On Thu, Mar 6, 2008 at 1:32 PM, Roman Podshivalov <
roman.podshivalov@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I got this information from Oracle support, but as usual I would recommend
> you to double check that. Oracle licensing is very murky subject ;-)
>
> --romas
>

> On 3/5/08, Mark Brinsmead <pythianbrinsmead@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Are you *sure* that this is "included" with Enterprise Edition?  I am
> > almost certain that I looked into exactly this feature about 6 months ago,
> > and arrived at the conclusion that it was part of an extra-cost option.

Cheers,
-- Mark Brinsmead
  Senior DBA,
  The Pythian Group