Re: os authenticated accounts

  • From: Maxim Demenko <mdemenko@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: joe_dba@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2008 07:05:20 +0100

Joe Smith schrieb:
Is it possible to use OS authenticated accounts ( i.e. identified externally ) between two servers? I have a linux box with with an oracle client install and an aix server with EE installed. The external account was originally on the aix server. We want to move the 3rd party app and the account to a linux box. thanks.
Shed those extra pounds with MSN and The Biggest Loser! Learn more. <http://biggestloser.msn.com/>
You may look on the external users identified by ssl certificates (if you are on 10g onwards). Not sure about additional licensing costs (i.e. whether it is part of ASO or not).

Best regards

Maxim