Re: os_authent_prefix

  • From: "Alex Gorbachev" <gorbyx@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gheibia@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 14:30:49 +0200

You are mixing OS authentication, SYSDBA login mechanism and password
authentication. I would ask you the "Why or What" question but for
your God's sake I won't do it.
Alternatively, you can consult the manuals. For example, here -
http://download-uk.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14231/dba.htm#sthref141

Regards,
Alex

2006/7/25, Amir Gheibi <gheibia@xxxxxxxxx>:
Hello everyone,

I use Oracle 10g R2 on Fedora Core 4, and I use password file.

The value of "os_authent_prefix" is "ops$", (default) and the os user that
I'm able to login with it as sysdba using os authentication is named
"oracle". (connect "/ as sysdba")

I've created a user in my database named ops$oracle with the code bellow:

create user ops$oracle identified by secret;
grant create session, dba to ops$oracle;

I can connect as sysdba from a remote windows client like this:
sqlplus "ops$oracle/secret@testDb as sysdba"

(testDb is the TNSNAME of that database in the tnsnames.ora file in windows)

but if I want to login to the database locally using the command bellow, I
get "ORA-01031: insufficient privileges" error:

sqlplus "ops$oracle/secret@testDb as sysdba"

As soon as I remove "@testDb" from the command, it works:

sqlplus "ops$oracle/secret as sysdba".

My underestanding is if I want to connect locally and I use tnsname in the
connection command, oracle will interpret it differently.

Could anyone make this clear for me that why oracle acts differently,
please?

Regards,
Amir

PS: For God's sake do not ask why am I doing this?

--
Best regards,
Alex Gorbachev

http://blog.oracloid.com