Re: orasrp SQL*Net message to client as non-idle event

  • From: Egor Starostin <egorst@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Karl Arao <karlarao@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 11:58:58 +0300

Hi

> How about this one.. I have one long "SQL*Net message from client" at
> the end that took 14 seconds which constituted 42% of the Statement
> Flat Profile.

You mean, why it's not recognized as [idle] event?
I don't know. I've tried to copy-paste your snippet and orasrp
recognized this 'SQL*Net message from client' as an [idle].
Probably, full trace file contains some data which leads orasrp to
decide that it's not an idle event.
Or maybe it's just a bug in orasrp. What version do you use (orasrp --version)?

Or you mean, why in the first place you have 14 seconds of 'SQL*Net
message from client' in your trace? In that case I agree with Mark's
explanation.

--
Egor
http://oracledba.ru