Re: orasrp SQL*Net message to client as non-idle event

  • From: kyle Hailey <kylelf@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2010 12:40:32 -0800

Check out

http://sites.google.com/site/embtdbo/wait-event-documentation/oracle-network-waits

<http://sites.google.com/site/embtdbo/wait-event-documentation/oracle-network-waits>"SQL*Net
message to client' is not an idle event, it's a the time it takes pack a
message for the network. Tanel Poder has a great write up on it at
http://blog.tanelpoder.com/2008/02/10/sqlnet-message-to-client-vs-sqlnet-more-data-to-client/
If orasrp is calling "SQL*Net message to client" an idle event it makes me
wonder if they are getting it confused with "SQL*Net message from client"
which can rolls up time that can be idle, network or  work (as in
application processing time)

orasrp looks cool. I'll have to check it out! I'd heard about a 10046
analyzer from Russia but hadn't tracked it down. This orasrp must be it.

For system load modeling and analysis, check out DB Optimizer:
http://sites.google.com/site/embtdbo/wait-event-documentation/database-tuning

Best
Kyle Hailey
http://db-optimizer.blogspot.com/