RE: orapwd

  • From: "John Hallas" <john.hallas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <smishra_97@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 12:35:07 +0100

You should restart the database after creating a orapwd file.

Oracle may still have a pointer in to the old file which was 'damaged'
and therefore not be picking  the new one up.

I was going to suggest using the lsof command to see open files but the
orapwd is not actually open during normal usage

www.jhdba.wordpress.com