Re: oradim and services

  • From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Gus Spier <gus.spier@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2014 16:42:30 +0100

My windows knowledge is slowly rusting away :)

Services are in broad terms the equivalent of daemons (or indeed systemd
services), their configuration is stored in the windows registry. The
oradim utility is just a registry editor for oracle services, albeit a nice
command line one :).

That *ought* to be enough to get you going. If you want to dive into the
internals I suggest
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/sysinternals/bb963901.aspx makes an
excellent investment. I see from Amazon that there's a new version coming
out this autumn.

On Sun, Sep 21, 2014 at 11:31 PM, August Spier <gus.spier@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I hate to admit, but I don't understand services and how oradim works.  Is
> there a tutorial somewhere I can switch?
>
> Gus Spier
> Gus.Spier@xxxxxxxxx
>
> 540 454 3074
>

> >> -- Understand services and how oradim works.
> >>
> >> Seth Miller
> >
> > --
> > //www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l
> >

> --