oracle-datab-ot@freelists.org.

  • From: "Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco" <jreyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 16:21:55 -0400

Hi list, only one idea

Two topics
A)  out topics
B) positioning the list

A) OUT TOPICS
I created this list sometime ago, but I was thinking tellyou in some weeks
to avoid problems, I suggest to set this list
oracle-datab-ot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
as the official list for for other topics.

This means instead of attacking people who do out topic question, or
answering how to destroy his work(Mladlen answers)
The idea is to say
"Hi, the out topic list for Oracle l list, is oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx " there
is registered the people who likes to read or answer out topic questions.
There you can ask about operating system questions, utilities, etc.
Don't ask out topic list here.

What do you think?

 Users can subscribe to your list by sending email to
oracle-datab-ot-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'subscribe' in the Subject field
OR by
logging into the Web interface.

1) Is important to put a clear subject.

2) other idea I had in this list, is to do some experiments,
if some one want to run a test to see the performance in distinct block
sizes, for example,
 I don't have problem to run that script, properly wrote, that create  a
tablespace, do some test, drop the tablespace and gives statistics.
Meanwhile he share what he found.

B) POSITIONING THE LIST

The second point is to settle clearly this is a expert list, Cary made me
understand that most of the idea I thought was interesting really was not,
that is why I understand not to post my weekly tips, and because in this
moment I have more than 1,000 post without read. I understand several
members don't want unneeded posts.

Maybe could be interesting to put in the foot note of the emails
"This is a experts dba list, you are welcome to subscribe here, but if you want
to ask help put the enough information to get help (statpacks or trace ), and
if you want to participate please remember we have at least 10 years of
experience or more. Thanks"