Re: oracle v SS

  • From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Kellyn Pot'Vin-Gorman <dbakevlar@xxxxxxxxx>, Noveljic Nenad <nenad.noveljic@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2019 13:55:23 -0500

On 11/8/19 9:19 AM, Kellyn Pot'Vin-Gorman wrote:

Thank you, Malden for bringing up Azure Data Studio and the advancements in SQL Server with Linux, which is now GA with SQL Server 2019 this week.

Thanks Kellyn!

I am an old Oracle hack but I can appreciate the new tools and opportunities. SQL Server on Azure is the preferred way, but if the DW load needs to be done on the premises, then on-prem SQL Server is definitely an option. Having said that, I would really like to see PL/SQL interpreter in SS. Kellyn, if you have influence on the powers within Microsoft, please try suggesting them to implement it.

Regards

--
//www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l