RE: oracle orion tool

  • From: "Luca Canali" <Luca.Canali@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 19:31:15 +0200

I can share my experience:
I've used ORION to test my storage system a few months ago, I have also
compared it with other IO stress tests running directly from Oracle
(SQL-based). And I basically found the same results in both cases. The
way I see it Orion is quick and easy and gives results one can trust.
If you are interested, I keep an archive of my tests in
http://twiki.cern.ch/twiki/bin/view/PSSGroup/HAandPerf

Cheers,
L.