Re: oracle memory usage + 11.2.0.1 + RHEL 5

  • From: David Roberts <big.dave.roberts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Chris.Stephens@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 18:14:54 +0100

If you are questioning why the swap space is filling up before memory has
been exhausted; then there are various Unix variants that write the
executable image to swap at the same time that the program is run.

My understanding is that this should result in a greater contiguity with
regards the running code and the image on disk and should lead to
performance improvements and the code is swapped out to disk.

I believe that it's an ELF thing. although there is no theoretical reason
why COFF based systems shouldn't implement the same functionality.

Regards

Dave