Re: "oracle" lockdown

  • From: Hans Forbrich <fuzzy.graybeard@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Herring, David" <HerringD@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 06:26:31 -0700

You didn't say it is a problem.

And I didn't rant about your situation, but rather about the many shops that allow all DBAs to log on (rather than sudo) to 'oracle' when there is a quite effective solution available to avoid that requirement.

/Hans

On 26/02/2014 8:11 PM, Herring, David wrote:
If I said this is a problem I apologize for misstating the situation and I'm
sorry for forcing you to rant.  I was just wondering who else has gone through
this and what to watch out for.

Dave Herring

<rant>
Indeed, the common habit (by many shops I visit) for DBAs to log in as user
Oracle is terrifying from a security perspective - everyone in the DBA team,
and potentially others, has the keys to the
</rant>