Re: oracle is causing high WIO

  • From: Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: raja4list@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 11:45:53 -0700

Are you running statspack on this db?
(level 5 is assumed for top SQL report)

If so, you can run a report and get an idea of which SQL is
causing massive IO. You can also see which datafiles are
involved in the IO.

If you have monitoring enabled at the table and/or index level,
you can also check dba_tab_modifications for IO.

This assumes at least version 9.2 of Oracle.

Jared Still