Re: oracle is causing high WIO

  • From: raja rao <raja4list@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: DEEDSD@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 08:13:26 -0700 (PDT)

no issue at hardware level. sysadmin checked it.

The HIGH WIO issue again started at the same interval (yesterday also it
happened
at the sametime)(

I suspended all the jobs. still the WIO is high.

Not sure whichprocess is causing this high WIO.

DEEDSD@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Pardon the all-caps business that shows my email id - it's a Lotus Notes
thing and I haven't gotten around to figuring out how to fix it.

You may want to get your sysadmins involved. Are the controllers insanely
high as well (iostat -xnC 1 | grep c)? Has anything changed on the box
recently?

We had a server that had something funny happen on either the settings for
HBAs or the mount options of the disks after a frame migration. I don't
recall what the final resolution was. No activity on the database
whatsoever, but the I/O wait was incredibly high and the average service
time stunk. Also, try a mkfile on one of the filesystems with Oracle down
and see if that makes the associated disk go crazy.

raja rao
To: ganstadba@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: cc: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
oracle-l-bounce@freelis
ts.org bcc:
Subject: Re: oracle is causing
high WIO

10/24/2005 12:25 PM
Please respond to
raja4list

even after the startup restrict also the below is the WIO:

$ sar -u 2 5
SunOS oracle 5.9 Generic_117171-02 sun4u 10/24/2005
12:09:30 %usr %sys %wio %idle
12:09:32 11 6 64 19
12:09:34 12 7 66 16
12:09:36 4 1 90 6
12:09:38 0 0 94 5
12:09:40 0 0 90 10
$

CAN SOMEONE hlep me. we are stuck here on the production db.

startup restrict and see what it is doing.