Re: oracle dev and policies towards fixing bugs

  • From: Hans Forbrich <fuzzy.graybeard@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2013 10:34:52 -0600

On 21/04/2013 8:27 AM, Charles Schultz wrote:
> On the one hand, I am flummoxed as to why Oracle thinks that upgrading is
> the ultimate panacea to all bugs. Really? They expect me to upgrade to 12c
> just because of a stupid typo?!?
Not unusual, regardless of the company.

Why would they bother spending any resources fixing trivial things when
the next version is out?  You are asking them to divert limited
resources from the future - OEM 11g is already dead in the eyes of many.

That said, since Premier Support ends April 2015 (according to
http://www.oracle.com/us/support/library/lifetime-support-technology-069183.pdf),

it does seem reasonable to expect it to be fixed, perhaps as part of a
Patch Set or PSU, not necessarily as a high priority One-Off.

/Hans