RE: oracle application server for peoplesoft

  • From: "David Kurtz" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Joan Hsieh'" <joan.hsieh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2008 20:15:04 -0000

PeopleSoft and Fusion are/will be two completely different products with
different technologies.
(so any eventual 'upgrade' from PeopleSoft to Fusion will be more of a
reimplementation and redevelopment of all customisations).

Fusion Applications will really use Oracle Fusion Middleware as a genuine
application server. PeopleSoft uses Tuxedo in its own proprietory
application server, and Oracle have stated that they have no plans to change
this.  Weblogic, Websphere, and Fusion Middleware can all be used as servlet
containers for the PeopleSoft Java servlet, and you will still need Tuxedo.

I cannot see any merit in using Fusion Middleware as a PeopleSoft servlet
container.
Although I can see risk - the risk of encountering something that doesn't
work the same on Fusion Middleware as on WebLogic.

regards
David Kurtz
Go-Faster Consultancy Ltd.
tel: +44 (0)7771 760660