Re: oracle and weblogic

  • From: "Dennis Williams" <oracledba.williams@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: joe_dba@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 09:35:38 -0600

Joe,

Since your question hasn't drawn any replies, I'll provide what I can. To my
knowledge, there is no "Weblogic schema". Weblogic executes Java code, and
yes, Java code can make database calls and therefore relies on a schema. How
your Java developers create an Oracle schema is their responsibility. If it
is a purchased application, then the vendor should provide database creation
scripts. If it is something your developers are creating, then they need to
generate some scripts for you to review and approve. Be warned that the
object model seems to like a unique key on each table so it can track each
object. We database people tend to think this is just silly and redundant,
but it is really important to them, so I'd recommend you play along.

Dennis Williams

On 10/27/06, Joe Smith <joe_dba@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

List,

does anybody know of an e-mail list or web site that supports Webloigc
schema in oracle.  I have to support the build of weblogic objects and I
am
finding information difficult.

thanks.

All-in-one security and maintenance for your PC.  Get a free 90-day trial!

http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwlo0050000002msn/direct/01/?href=http://www.windowsonecare.com/?sc_cid=msn_hotmail