Re: oracle account in /etc/passwd

  • From: "Jared Still" <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: joe_dba@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 09:47:37 -0800

On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 9:37 AM, Joe Smith <joe_dba@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  The script sets up its own oracle environment.  The  scripts have been
> used already for 6 years and on multiple databases.

If they work from the cmd line, what method is being used to run them when
they don't work?

I think this was asked, but I didn't see an answer.

Are they being run on the same server? or a different server?

If they run from the cmd line, you can use 'at' to run the job once for some
future time, and
examine the script in /var/spool/cron to see how the environment variable(s)
differ from what
is being set up in the script.

Jared