Re: oracle 3 node rac -- solaris 9 resource manager

  • From: Dan Norris <dannorris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ujang.jaenudin@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 08:58:58 -0500

I believe that Solaris, like most *nixs, has a resource management facility. However, you need to be very careful when employing it with Oracle databases, especially RAC. There is some risk of creating race conditions between nodes that can cause node eviction in undesirable ways.

Also see Metalink 317257.1 (looks like it may answer a lot of your questions), section 7.1 which says...

"An Oracle RAC installation is composed of several nodes, shared storage, and a private interconnect. A local Solaris Container cannot be used as an Oracle RAC node, mainly because of the following two reasons:..."

Dan

Ujang Jaenudin wrote:
lists,

suddenly 3 nodes rac got hung.
the spike was on IO, moreover solaris also hung, we could not remote.
the solution just resetting by pushing power button :)

is there any mechanism for managing resources in solaris?
as of oracle has resource manager which can manage service/user can
utilize cpu by percentage?