oracle 11g dataguard on Netapps

  • From: Joan Hsieh <joan.hsieh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle_l <ORACLE-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 14:48:45 -0500

Hi listers,

Our new project is creating a 11g dataguard environment on NetApps storage. I have the following questions like to ask;

1. What is the best practice of volume configuration? should we configure single volume for data, single volume for redo?

2. As oracle home, is it better to install on the local file system or on NetApps? If it is best on Netapps, then should the Oracle home be shared with primary and standby sites? Our primary and standby are on separate servers.

Thanks,

Joan