Re: ora-4031 & large_pool

  • From: "Terry Sutton" <terrysutton@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 14:34:49 -0700

<<Are you sure that they use Oracle RDBMS? Just kidding. They DO USE MTS,
otherwise hash area would
be allocated from the process memory and not from the large pool. The only
way that hash heap is
allocated from the large pool is if the join is done by the process
connected to a shared and not
to the dedicated server.>>

Well, I can't guarantee they're not using MTS, but since DISPATCHERS,
MAX_DISPATCHERS, SHARED_SERVERS, MAX_SHARED_SERVERS, CIRCUITS, and
SHARED_SERVER_SESSIONS have never been set (i.e., they're at the default
values), I'm making the rash assumption that they're not using MTS.

<<Apparently, the instance is haunted.>>

No doubt.

--Terry