RE: ora-4031 & large_pool

  • From: "Nelson, Allan" <anelson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 07:34:09 -0500

Go Rachel!!!

-----Original Message-----
=46rom: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Rachel Carmichael
Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2004 7:22 AM
To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: ora-4031 & large_pool

Thanks.

Yes I know what the answer is, and we are kinda working towards that,
using our staging environment (separate schema in the database, so they
won't lock or mess up testing data)

<rant>
A server all their own=3F Can you say "budget"=3F I keep hearing that "disk
is cheap". When's the last time anyone tried to justify new disks to
upper management in a global company where they are cutting costs=3F Even
if we do get disks, it takes months to get them installed as the
systems department has as few resources as the rest of us. I mean, we
started LAST MAY asking for more disk on our dev servers, so I could
install a new release of Oracle (9.2.0.3 back then) so that the apps
could test and we could eventually upgrade production. Now I'm told we
have the disks but they won't be installed and configured for use until
mid-July because there is just too much work for the systems people to
do and too few people to do it. By then I'll be trying to get them onto
10g

</rant>

Phew... I needed that :)

Rachel

--- Thomas Day <tday6@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>=20
> <<I wonder sometimes if the reason they don't listen to me is because
> "I'm a girl">>
>=20
>=20
> No.  It's because he's an idiot.
>=20
>=20
> I'm sure that you know that the answer to senior management's need
> for 14
> ad-hoc querries is a decision support datamart.  They can have their
> very
> own server, with their very own DBA and then when he messes up their
> database they can yell at him.
>=20
> Meanwhile, you can keep production going without his "help."
>=20

=09
        =09

This email is intended solely for the person or entity to which it is addressed
and may contain confidential and/or privileged information.  Copying,
forwarding or distributing this message by persons or entities other than the
addressee is prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please
contact the sender immediately and delete the material from any computer.  This
email may have been monitored for policy compliance.  [021216]