ora-12547 on ony one of two database in the same machine

  • From: Alfonso León <aleon68@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 15:32:42 -0500

Hello oh great oracle gurus:

OS, Red Hat Linux 4Upd 5
Oracle 10.2.0.2

I'm trying to use Brightstor to backup 2 databases on the same machine, but
BS has been able to connect to one of the db.

I've been doing some testing and I can connect from oracle user to both of
them using listener an bequeath connection. So after some time I realized
Brighstor is using the root user to connect to the db.

Strange thing is root can connect to the first one without inconvenience but
to the second one gives us the ora-12547 error only using bequeath conn. and
only using the ORACLE_SID set to that DB when I set the ORACLE_SID to the
first DB or anything else it gave me the normal behavior.

I'm guessing the second DB should have a file permission that is not allow
me to connect to that db.

There is only one group oracle, there is no dba nor oper, I was thinking on
adding them and recompile

Anybody can give me an idea what file should I be checking, already check
controlfiles, redologs, datafiles, spfiles, pwfiles, tnsnames.

Anybody using Brighstor with Oracle in Linux, The agent should be installed
with root or Oracle?

Thanks in advance
--
Alfonso Leon