Re: ora-1012 - (may be) solved

  • From: genegurevich@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (oracle-l)
  • Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 09:54:43 -0500

Hi everybody:

After setting up some tracing on the batch process and working with Oracle
rep, we found out that the ora-1012 error
was triggered by another oracle error which was not shown in the
application's logfile. The other error was ora-942
and it could have been a result of one of the tables being deleted by
another process. We have not confirmed
that, but it does appear to be an application issue (at least at this
time).

I want to thank everyone who replied to my initial post

thank you

Gene Gurevich

             genegurevich@disc
             over.com
             oracle-l-bounce@f         oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (oracle-l)
             reelists.org                                               cc

                                                                   Subject
             09/07/2007 03:20          ora-1012
             PM

             Please respond to
             genegurevich@disc
                 over.com

Everybody:

My appication team is running a batch process against a database (db1)
which accesses tables in another database
on the same server (db2) via a db link. Starting today their process
suddenly fails with ora-1012 pointing to the db2.
I looked at the alert log and udump directory on db2 and found no errors
there. I searched metalink and google
and also did not find much info pertaining to my situation (oracle 9208 on
AIX 5.3). Does anyone have any advice
on that. This is a big production issue right now

thank you

Gene Gurevich