Re: optimizer_ ???

  • From: Wolfgang Breitling <breitliw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: robyn.sands@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 14:21:45 -0600

Robyn,

that's how I remember it too.
I don't deny that some people have had success lowering oica or raising
oic - and for individual sql I have used them too ( I remember one case
where I deliberately set oica to 1 so that differences in index costs
would disappear and the index be determined by the tie-breaking rule
which was the index I needed) but I really don't like the idea of
setting them system-wide.

--
Regards

Wolfgang Breitling