opitsk: network error occurred (error code 12571)

  • From: Nancy Iles <nancy_iles@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oaugnet-dba OAUGnet-DBA <oaugnetdba@xxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 13:01:52 -0600

We recently went live on a new third party system with an Oracle RAC backend.
We have 5 nodes on Oracle 10.2.0.3 on Windows 2009 64bit. We have sporadic
performance issues that we are trying to resolve and I am finding trace files
frequently on node#1. The error message in the trace file is:

opitsk: network error occurred while two-task server trying to send break;
error code = 12571

I am familiar with Ora-12571 TNS Packet writer failure but not with this error
message.

Can anyone shed some light on what it means how to troubleshoot it and what
impact it has on user session or performance? I found very little on Metalink
about this specific error message.

TIA,

Nancy Iles
Omni Hotels