Re: online index rebuilds

  • From: "Jonathan Lewis" <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tanel.poder.003@xxxxxxx>, <roger_xu@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <joseph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Bobak, Mark" <Mark.Bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "ORACLE-L" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 20:06:29 -0000

You can actually get an index full scan
(rather than fast full scan) for an offline
index rebuild - and I thnk I decided the
choice was cost-based even back in 8i.

Regards

Jonathan Lewis

The Co-operative Oracle Users' FAQ

Cost Based Oracle: Fundamentals

http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/appearances.html
Public Appearances - schedule updated 10th Jan 2006

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tanel Põder" <tanel.poder.003@xxxxxxx>