Re: online index creation fails, index left in online rebuild status, how to solve?

  • From: zhu chao <zhuchao@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: K Gopalakrishnan <kaygopal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 07:48:10 +0800

Thanks all for your reply.
We had an un-expected outage last night and it cleaned the failed
index. Now database is Ok.

Fraud, will your statement drop all the segments in that tablespace?=20

Oracle says wait for oracle to clean up can never happen for a real
busy table.This is our problem.

We have met the same problem before. In a small size database, we
waited for several hours and smon cleared it itself. But on this, it
never happen:(

Thanks

On 5/10/05, K Gopalakrishnan <kaygopal@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Zhu:
>=20
> This is a quite known issue (bug?). You may have to contact support
> for the workaround (that is just updating the IND$.STATUS) or wait for
> the cleanup.  Typically restarting cleansup the IND$, or you need to
> update the dictionary at restricted mode.
>=20
> ---
>=20
> Best Regards,
> K Gopalakrishnan
> Co-Author: Oracle Wait Interface, Oracle Press 2004
> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/007222729X/
>=20

--=20
Regards