Re: online index creation fails, index left in online rebuild status, how to solve?

  • From: Fuad Arshad <fuadar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: zhuchao@xxxxxxxxx, "Oracle-L (oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 07:52:11 -0700 (PDT)

you can use this
alter session set events  ' immediate trace name  DROP_SEGMENTS  level 214748364
7'
the level can be ts#+1 or the above number for all tablespaces. we use this
when our index rebuild fail  since we have specific triggers that disallow drop
of any objects
this will help smon cleanup
zhu chao <zhuchao@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,=20
Have any one hit such problem? On a very busy table, we build a
new index on some column, and for some reason(It caused high load on
server) and we typed CTRL-c.
Now we can't drop the index, nor can we rebuild it any longer. We
don't want to bounce the instance as it may i8mpact a lot of users and
reduce our avaliablility.
The status for the index in ind$ is now 256.
Oracle version is 8.1.7.4
Anyone have experience?=20

--=20
Regards