Re: old EM10g Java Console

  • From: japplewhite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: patrice.boivin@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 08:28:27 -0500

I second that.  Actually, I wish Oracle had brought forward the 9i EM Java
Console.  I thought it had more functionality than the 10g version.  In
either case, they give me a lot of ability to routine maintenance and
monitoring of a bunch of databases easily.  We're not big enough to want
to take on the overhead of Grid Control and it's a pain to install the
per-database Grid console for each DB.
----
Jack C. Applewhite - Database Administrator
Austin I.S.D. - MIS Department
512.414.9250 (wk)

From:   Patrice sur GMail <patrice.boivin@xxxxxxxxx>
To:     ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:   07/23/2012 08:06 AM
Subject:        old EM10g Java Console
Sent by:        oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I wish Oracle would open source the old Java console code, to let us fix
minor bugs in it and to update it.
I especially liked the old database objects comparison wizard...

-- Patrice