Re: off the wall ideas welcomed

  • From: Nuno Souto <dbvision@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2009 17:59:14 +1100

Niall Litchfield wrote,on my timestamp of 7/02/2009 3:28 AM:

> snip
I then took a block dump of the affected block and got a row listing including just a single row from my table back. There was an update transaction in the ITL slots as well, pretty much along with Nuno's comments about updates on his blog. I then determined which row we were talking about, deleted the row, and took a second block dump of the same block to confirm that it was now empty of data. finally I reran dbv again and this time the file came up clean.

Excellent feedback, Nial.  Thanks for taking the time to
do it.  Definitely one more for the tool chest!

thanks for all the kind suggestions - it's a shame that this database is not 10g and block checking & recovery is unavailable.

Aye!  My time with LOBs and 9i was very painful indeed...

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto