Re: oem grid 11g installation problem

  • From: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Peter Sharman <pete.sharman@xxxxxxxxxx>, ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 18:59:50 -0500

Clean install on OEL 5.5.  Its kind of weird, the screen shows -1 in all the
ports listed, so I have to physically enter a value, but only the one fails
no matter what I enter.  If I could figure out what it was looking at, I
might be able to do something, but nothing shows in netstat -an, and I tried
editing /etc/services.  The installer log just shows the same error message
that I sent.

On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 2:21 PM, Peter Sharman <pete.sharman@xxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

>  Clean install or an upgrade?  I’ve installed the product as a clean
> install using the default ports dozens of times and not seen it, but then
> again these are clean boxes I was testing a new course with.
>

> Pete
>

> [image: Oracle] <http://www.oracle.com/>
>
> Pete Sharman | Principal Curriculum Developer
> Server Technologies Curriculum Development
> 33 Benson Crescent CALWELL ACT 2905 AUSTRALIA
>
> Phone: +61262924095 | | Fax: +61262925183 | | Mobile: +61404005744

Andrew W. Kerber

GIF image