Re: oem 10.2 question

  • From: Joan Hsieh <joan.hsieh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Joan Hsieh <joan.hsieh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 10:52:03 -0500

I finaly got this work, the following is the solution.

SOLUTION / ACTION PLAN
=======================
To implement the solution, please execute the following steps:

1. Login to SQL*Plus as the SYS user on the target database instance for which the errors are
generated.
2. Run the catalrt.sql script

SQL>@?/rdbms/admin/catalrt.sql

3. Run the following statements

SQL> select OWNER, NAME, QUEUE_TABLE from dba_queues where NAME like '%ALERT%';

Two rows should be returned:

OWNER NAME QUEUE_TABLE
-------------------- -------------------- ------------------------------
SYS ALERT_QUE ALERT_QT
SYS AQ$_ALERT_QT_E ALERT_QT

4. SQL>grant OEM_MONITOR to system;
5. SQL>exec dbms_aqadm.grant_queue_privilege('dequeue','alert_que','OEM_MONITOR',false);
6. SQL>@?/rdbms/admin/catsnmp.sql
7. Restart the grid agent:
<AGENT_HOME>/bin/emctl stop agent
<AGENT_HOME>/bin/emctl start agent

Joan Hsieh wrote:

Is there any way to check the alert log and sent email if oem10gR2 found any ora- errors? I can see the alert log entries contains ora-errors but couldn't find a way to sent email to dbas. Database up/down was sent email automatically without problems.

Thanks,

Joan