Re: odbc for aix?

  • From: Patrice sur GMail <patrice.boivin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rjoralist3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 May 2015 14:17:12 -0300

thanks.

Meanwhile I discovered the odbc subdirectory in every Oracle home... though
11.2.0.4 has references to an actual odbc driver and the agent12c home has
only info on the Oracle Instant Client which seems to imply IC can connect
via odbc but I haven't read all the documentation yet. As usual the text
file points back to an OTN page...

On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 1:41 PM, Rich Jesse <
rjoralist3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Joe replies:

Sadly, the gateway is not free. List price for Database Gateway for SQL
Server is $17,500 USD per *computer* (not processor).

Eep! I was thinking more like "free" as in "beer". That's one expensive
drink there!

If I could only find the Collaborate presentation from 3-4 years ago that
described this setup...

Rich

-- Patrice
My profiles: [image: Facebook]