nologging and recovery

  • From: "David" <thump@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 15:29:32 -0800 (PST)

Having a bit of a debate here...
Different docs have alluded to different issues and pros/cons.

Question....under 9i...what are the ramifications of performing the
operations that support nologging and then having to recover the database?

These nologging operations are ongoing in such a fashion that it would not
be possible to perform a db backup after each operation.

Can we recover and the associated objects error out with an error when
accessed and need to be recreated or can we not recover the associated
tbs/datafile at all?

For the record....the objects assocated with the operations were we would
not need to perform logging do not need to be recovered.  All objects
currently reside in the same tbs.
--
..
David