Re: nlj batching

  • From: Timo Raitalaakso <rafu@xxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2010 21:12:36 +0300

Is there something else to say that is not in documentation?
http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E11882_01/server.112/e16638/optimops.htm#BABFCIAI

--
Rafu
http://rafudb.blogspot.com/

On 10.10.2010 20:39, joshuasingham wrote:
Hi all,
I been going through some notes and wandering if anybody know the benefits of nlj batching for example in 10g i get this plan (as shown below) which then in 11g in converts into 2 nested loop join my question would be why will this be a good compared to 10g

Oracle 10g
| Id  | Operation                      | Name  |
|   0 | SELECT STATEMENT               |       |
|   1 |   TABLE ACCESS BY INDEX ROWID  | T2    |
|   2 |    NESTED LOOPS                |       |
|   3 |     TABLE ACCESS BY INDEX ROWID| T1    |
|*  4 |      INDEX RANGE SCAN          | T1_N1 |
|*  5 |     INDEX RANGE SCAN           | T2_N1 |

Oracle 11g
| Id  | Operation                      | Name  |
|   0 | SELECT STATEMENT               |       |
|   1 |   NESTED LOOPS                 |       |
|   2 |    NESTED LOOPS                |       |
|   3 |     TABLE ACCESS BY INDEX ROWID| T1    |
|*  4 |      INDEX RANGE SCAN          | T1_N1 |
|*  5 |     INDEX RANGE SCAN           | T2_N1 |
|   6 |    TABLE ACCESS BY INDEX ROWID | T2    |

thanks