new location of backupset update in catalog

  • From: DBA Learning <dba_learning@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 06:44:37 -0700 (PDT)

Hi
  I am newbie here. I have made a backup on Oracle 10g using rman and 10g
catalog. My backupset is in C:/first_location/*.bak. This is shown in catalog
database.

  Say, all the backup pieces are moved to D:/second_location/*.bak to the above
backupset.

  How do I tell my catalog the new location of backuppieces. How do I use
"catalog command" to reflect new location (D:/second_location/*.bak) in my
catalog database.

  Can someone help me with the syntax and usage.

  thanks in advance.

http://mail.yahoo.com