re: need to Run csscan in Background ?

  • From: "Tim Onions" <att755@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 10:49:02 +0000

Vivek

Not sure if it is available on SUN (or if you hve it installed) but on Linux I use the SCREEN command - it looks like a normal command window but you can detach it and let it run without worrying about net connections etc. You can then re-attach at any later point, from a different PC client session if you want (I use it to kick things off to run whilst I'm out of the office etc).

I find it easier that nohup as you have all the normal features of a session (output, input etc) - you just let it run whilst you eat/sleep/drink - when you come back to it it is just like it was a normal session you left running.

Tim Onions

Folks

Need to Run csscan Utility as Background processes because the LAN
Network Connecting my PC to the SUN DB Server is somewhat Unstable. Can
csscan be Run as a Background Unix Process or NOT?

Find Singles In Your Area This Christmas With Match.com! msnuk.match.com