need help on how to configure the 10g console to see a manually created database

  • From: jsb@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 08:58:42 -0400 (EDT)

I have created a database manually via sqlplus and need to configure the
web-based console to see this new database.  When I use emca it says the
instance is unavailable, however it is definitely running and the listener
is working.  I can connect to the new database remotely from another
machine - but the part i'm missing is how to get emca or dbca to see this
new database and ultimately monitor it via the web-based console at
http://host:5500/em/

I searched metalink and the net but haven't found anything that solves the
problem.

When I use emca I receive an error that the database instance is
unavailable.

thanks