RE: multi-home servers

  • From: "Mercadante, Thomas F (LABOR)" <Thomas.Mercadante@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx" <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2011 09:26:13 -0400

Niall,

I write my own startup script based on the Oracle supplied script.

The dbstart script reads the oratab file - right?  I still use this basic
script but have added calls to my own startup scripts for the Listener and
Oracle agent.
The Listener startup script sets its own Oracle Home.  Same thing with the
Oracle Agent.
I figure that I know when I move the Listener from one release to another and
know that I need to adjust this script to the new Oracle home.

Hope this helps.

Tom