Re: moving to a new san array

  • From: Joe Hatchel <joe_hatchel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 07:58:21 -0800 (PST)

I am in the middle of preparing for just such a move and have an SR with Oracle
to verify the process.  Unfortunately, just as with the recent thread here, I
hold little hope of getting timely assistance from them.

I have done a single instance move with ASM by adding the LUNS from the new
array into the diskgroup, allowing it to rebalance then removing the LUNs from
the old array.  Worked fine.

If you come up with a method to deal with OCR/voting disks, I'd be interested
in
comparing notes.

Good luck
Joe