Re: move grid control to new server

  • From: Fuad Arshad <fuadar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: john40855@xxxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 2 May 2010 16:09:28 -0700 (PDT)

i believe the grid control implementation guide (book by oracle press) has a
very detailed account on how to do that i dont have the book with me right to
point to the chapter
but  How To Configure Grid Control Components
for High Availability [ID 330072.1]
can also help you .
If the hostname will be the same i.e move to  a new server   and discontinue
old server  it is just a filesystem restore. i have done to move a complete
stack from one server to another.
You can go with the safer route of adding another OMS . relocating targets to
the new oms and then decomissioning the old OMS. i have nto had the chance to
perform those steps yet.