monitoring objects unable to extend in a locally managed tablespace.

  • From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 15:02:39 +0100

Does anyone have either a script, or perhaps some logic, that can determine
when an object will be unable to allocate an extent in a locally managed
tablespace with an automatic extent allocation policy. I have a note ( first
posted to this list in 2004!) that recorded the fact that autoallocate
tablespaces could still fragment enough not to be able to allocate a next
extent when there was sufficient free space in the tablespace, but I don't
have any further investigations since then as to the conditions under which
this happens.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA