monitor rac database services

  • From: D'Hooge Freek <Freek.DHooge@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 16:10:03 +0200

Hi,

I'm currently bussy writing a perl check to verify the status of a rac database
service.
When the service is down, while the target status is "online" a critical alert
has to be given and when the service is running on an "available" instance
instead of the preferred instance a warning has to be given.

I have written such a check in the past for 10gR2, but now I need one for 11gR2.
As the output formats have changed a lot between 10.2 and 11.2, a large part of
the script has to be rewritten (also instances seems to be not as tightly
coupled to nodes in 11.2). So I was wondering if there is a (supported) way to
query the cluster registry without depending on the output formats of srvctl /
crsctl. Which does not seem to be build for easy use in scripts.

Information I need to retrieve is which instances and services exists for a
database, what the available / preferred instances are of a service, the
current state and target of a service and on which instance a service is
currently running.

Kind regards,

Freek D'Hooge
Uptime