RE: migrate database

  • From: "Allen, Brandon" <Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <JBECKSTROM@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 12:35:11 -0700

Never tried it myself, but found this in the 10gR2 doc(
http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14231/tspaces.htm#i1007252):

Additional limitations include the following:

SYSTEM Tablespace Objects You cannot transport the SYSTEM tablespace or objects
owned by the user SYS. Some examples of such objects are PL/SQL, Java classes,
callouts, views, synonyms, users, privileges, dimensions, directories, and
sequences.