Re: migrate database

  • From: Jurijs Velikanovs <j.velikanovs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 23:37:26 +0000

Some times in development process to restore just SYSTEM tablepace can
be extremely useful.

One good example I had got some time ago.Development team located on
the remote side to production.
Development have got all necessary environments for successful
development cycle (Development, Testing, Testing Delivery etc).

Even with all proper devilment cycle, time to time emergency
deliveries were installed directly in to production (hot fixes).
The unimportant think was, that after those deliveries the Production
DB (~2TB) and the Pre-production DB have been unsynchronized.
The Project manager asked me to develop way to compare to databases
quickly enough and ensure the possibility to repeat process then it is
required.

As you can imagine development side hadn't 2TB disk array.
The answer was to restore just SYSTEM tablespace (from production) on
Development side.
Then using the Change Management OEM component or any different tool
to compare tow local databases.

Jurijs