RE: migrate database

  • From: "Bobak, Mark" <Mark.Bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <JBECKSTROM@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-db-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <ORACLE-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-rdbms@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 14:17:24 -0500

Jeffrey,

I think what you're thinking of, is that starting in 10g, you can
migrate a database across platforms via RMAN, avoiding the need for
exp/imp.

Not sure what you mean by "migrate the system tablespace".  The idea is
to migrate the entire database from one platform to another.

-Mark

PS  I've not yet tried this, only read about it.....

--
Mark J. Bobak
Senior Oracle Architect

"There are 10 types of people in the world:  Those who understand
binary, and those who don't."